This past month I had the honor to be showcased by the talented photographer Melissa Maillett in her Women Entrepreneur Success Series. I love the results of the photo shoot. What came as a surprise were unexpected insights triggered by Melissa’s thoughtful interview questions. As I outlined my professional journey, I started to see previously unnoticed patterns: a consistent series of “firsts”, a steadily growing confidence in seeing and actively pursuing new opportunities and challenges, discovering the impact of culture and culture clashes, seeing unrealized potential in others and last but not least a long line of people, who were inspired to stretch and grow with me.
My coaching business therefore feels like a natural extension of a life-long journey. When I looked at my curated notes in response to the interview questions, I was able to clearly articulate my professional purpose: seeing the almost limitless potential in the people and opportunities I encounter, discovering possibilities with others and supporting them in designing a path to purposefully living and working, and embracing change and transformation and I was easily able to create a formula for my own definition of success that previously seemed elusive:
Activation of Growth through Transformation
Potential + Possibility + Purpose
=> energizing and inspiring delight
HOW ABOUT YOU?
- What patterns do you discover in your past that may boost your motivation and energize your current professional life?
- What have been consistent behaviors in your professional journey beyond your technical skills that produced positive results?
- What do people see in you when you are at your best? Can you leverage that when you get ready to pitch new ideas or go after new opportunities?
- Does your internal narrative support the results you want to create?
My recent work in Narrative Coaching has opened new ways of thinking and exploring for my clients. Here is the co-created progression of a recent coaching session that provided a great framework for my client to explore her narrative:
This framework can be modified effectively for reflection on past successes in order to create desired results in the future.
- List your most memorable successes.
- What action/s created those successes? Can you see a pattern?
- How did you feel at the time?
- What story supports the emotion, the action and the outcome?
- Is there an emerging event that you can explore through a similar lense? What else is possible when you shift the underlying story?
Are you curious about the potential impact of your inner narrative in your professional life?
Narrative Coaching Discovery Sessions in June FREE for first 5 inquiries:
Schedule your Appointment HERE.
With best wishes for an empowered narrative!
Human Potential Catalyst
Leadership Development &